Materials Mechanics Research Group (MAME) is founded by Ton Duc Thang University. MAME focuses on modern problems in material science and engineering require the physics-based predictive dislocation theory as well as the effective and accurate computational methods to identify the material parameters and simulate the material behavior of metals and alloys.
2. Mission and vision
MAME has three main tasks:
- Build the clear and suitable orientations in the scientific research, consisting of solving the mechanical problems and publishing the high quality journal papers.
- Organize regular seminars, conferences, meeting with various national and/or international research groups. These scientific activities help members of MAME to be supported, improved, and educated in major fields of Materials Mechanics.
- Perform transfer of technology such as consulting, supporting, transferring, applying engineering and technology in Materials Mechanics.
3. Research topics
The research focus of Materials Mechanics Research Group is Thermodynamic Dislocation Theory involving disorder temperature. We intend to develop the theory for both uniform and non-uniform plastic deformations and apply it to various engineering problems in material science and metallurgy. This includes:
- Disorder temperature and irreversible thermodynamics;
- Energy and dissipation of dislocated crystals;
- Statistical and homogenization methods;
- Parameter identification using the least squares analysis;
- Numerical methods of solution of practical problems.
4. Current members
Dr. Khanh Chau Le
• Head of Materials Mechanics Research Group, Ton Duc Thang University, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
• Professor of Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
Areas of expertise: Variational methods in continuum mechanics, Smart and Functionally Graded Materials, Nonlinear vibrations and wave propagation, Fracture mechanics, Crystal plasticity, Micromechanics, Thermodynamic dislocation theory
• Member of Editorial Board:
Research track record (until May of 2018):
• ISI papers: 79
• Total ISI Citations: 776
• ISI H-index: 16
• Top ISI journals (at most 5):
1. Physical Review E
2. Scripta Materialia
3. International Journal of Plasticity
4. Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids
5. Material Science and Engineering A
Tran Tuan Minh, MSc
Position: Member of Materials Mechanics Research Group, Ton Duc Thang University, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Areas of expertise: Finite element method (FEM), Thermodynamic dislocation theory, Parameter identification using least squares analysis
6. Former members (name, title, picture)
7. Publications (ISI or Scopus only)
1. K. C. Le, Y. Piao (2018); Non-uniform plastic deformations of crystals undergoing anti-plane constrained shear; Archive of Applied Mechanics (ISI).
8. Contact: Click here