The Education Research Group (ERG) will promote research collaboration, facilitate research-based discussion about higher education (HE) and, most importantly, implement a coherent and ambitious research strategy concerning the contemporary state of higher education. The ERG will be active in supporting research activity, promoting pedagogic research excellence, and developing the links between teaching and research.
2. Mission and vision
- To conduct research that is recognized internationally for its rigor and originality
- To inform the development of HE policy and practice, especially in Vietnam
- To foster national and international collaboration concerning HE research
Promoting higher education for personal and collective empowerment.
3. Research topics
The research interests and orientations cover the following themes, drawing on transnational, international and multidisciplinary perspectives:
- Policy-oriented research (the impact of governance, QA and curriculum policies on higher education in Vietnam);
- Practice-oriented research (current teaching, curriculum, student assessment practices, graduate attributes, professional development and human resource development);
- Evaluation-oriented research (program, course and teaching evaluations).
4. Current members
Dr. Martin Hayden
Positions: Head of Education Research Group, Ton Duc Thang University
Areas of expertise: higher education governance and quality; higher education systems in the ASEAN region; equity in access to higher education
Research track record until June 2019:
Dr. Nguyen Huu Cuong
Positions: Member of Education Research Group, Ton Duc Thang University
Areas of expertise: Educational Assessment
Dr. Ut V. Le
Areas of expertise: Scientometrics, Research Policy, University Rankings
5. Publications (ISI or Scopus only)
6. Contact: Click here