The Evolution Equations Research Group (EER), a research group in applied mathematics, is founded by Ton Duc Thang University in order to stimulate major advances on global behavior of the solutions to ODE and PDE models related to the theoretical study of evolutionary systems in physics (mainly classical mechanics), chemistry, biology and related sciences.
2. Mission and vision
Many problems in the above mentionned areas have not been solved as a consequence of unsufficient representation in western research teams which concentrate a lot on modelization and numerical analysis without studying in depth the global aspects of solutions. It is our belief that a research team based in far-east countries, especially in Vietnam where a strong tradition in fundamental mathematics has been preserved, can obtain new significant results by taking the necessary time to go beyond immediate aspects of things.
3. Research topics
- Partial differential equations: loical and global theory,
- Dynamical systems and non-autonomous processes,
- Almost periodic behavior and applications,
- Stability theory.
4. Current members
Dr. Alain Haraux
Positions: Head of Evolution Equations Research Group, Ton Duc Thang University, Vietnam.
Areas of expertise: Functional analysis, nonlinear analysis, dynamical systems, partial differential equations, oscillation theory, control theory, local and global stability analysis.
Editorship: Editor-in-chief of Evolution equations and Control Theory.
Research track record (until March of 2019):
• Number of ISI papers: 117
• Total citations by ISI: 1678
• H-index by ISI: 20
• At most 5 top journals
1. Arch. Rat. Mech. Anal 67
Prof. Massimo Gobbino
Prof. Marina Ghisi
5. Former members: none
6. Publications (ISI or Scopus only)
1. Alain Haraux (2020); A sharp stability criterion for single well Duffing and Duffing-like equations; Nonlinear Analysis (ISI).
2. Mama Abdelli and Alain Haraux (2019); The universal bound property for a class of second order ODEs; Portugaliae Mathematica (ISI).