Informetrics Research Group
- Ton Duc Thang University is planned to join TOP 500 universities in the world until the year 2037. To make this plan come true safely, there should be research projects regarding research policies for the University to guarantee that the University can be driven precisely to the target, especially in the scientific research and university-ranking aspects.
- Developing new tools to evaluate research performance of individuals and institutions is necessary, since some currents tools are somehow controversial.
- Investigating different aspects of the research performance of individuals, institutions, countries, regions and the world provides key information to policy makers and all people paying their attention to research and development.
2. Mission and Vision
Our vision is to build a center of excellence of international standing in the conduct and translation of research into scientific activities and higher education. To achieve this vision, we aim to:
- Conduct high quality research in scientific studies;
- Foster talents in informetrics research;
- Disseminate research findings in international journals;
- Provide leadership in identifying emerging issues in scientific research in Vietnam.
3. Research topics
Informetrics research group focuses on following fields:
• Scientometrics, which studies quantitative aspects of science, especially in education, social sciences and humanities, economics;
• Webometrics, which studies quantitative aspects of the World Wide Web;
• Cybermetrics, which is similar to webometrics, but broadens its definition to include electronic resources;
• Bibliometrics, which studies quantitative aspects of recorded information.
4. Current members
Dr. Nguyen Van Tuan
• Scientific advisor of Informetrics Research Group, Ton Duc Thang University, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
• Visiting professor & Senior Scientific Advisor, Ton Duc Thang University, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
• Professor, UNSW School of Public Health and Community Medicine, UNSW Australia
• Professor of Predictive Medicine, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
• Principal Research Fellow, Head of Laboratory, Genetics and Epidemiology of Osteoporosis, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Australia
Areas of expertise: Scientometrics, Genomics, Genetics of Osteoporosis, Osteoporotic bone fractures, Bone strength, Bone fracture risk
Research track record (until October of 2016):
- Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
- Osteoporosis international
- Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism
- BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Journal of Clinical Densitometry
- PLoS ONE
• Associate Editor:
- BMC Research Notes
- BMC Endocrine Disorders
Research track record (until October of 2016):
• ISI papers: >200
• Total ISI Citations: >16.000
• ISI H-index: 65
• Top ISI journals (at most 5):
2. British Medical Journal
3. New England Journal of Medicine
5. Journal of the American Medical Association
Dr. Ut V. Le
Positions at Ton Duc Thang University:
Areas of expertise: Scientometrics, Research Policy, University Rankings
Dr. Lê Cung Tưởng
Position: Member of Informetrics Research Group, Ton Duc Thang University, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Areas of expertise: Digital Contents
6. Publications (ISI or Scopus only)
33. Cuong Viet Nguyen, Lam Tran Nguyen (2020); Intra-generational and Intergenerational Social Mobility: Evidence from Vietnam; Journal of Asian and African Studies (ISI).
32. Daniel Mont, Cuong Viet Nguyen & Anh Tran (2020); The Effect of Sibship Size on Children’s Outcomes: Evidence from Vietnam ;Child Indicators Research (ISI).
31. Quoc Thong Nguyen Kim Phuc Tran Henri L. Heuchenne Thi Hien Nguyen Huu Du Nguyen (2019); Variable sampling interval Shewhart control charts for monitoring the multivariate coefficient of variation; (ISI).
30. Mobeen UrRehman (2019); Energy shocks pricing model: A non-linear US sectoral based analysis ; Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications (ISI).
29. Mobeen Ur Rehman, Elie Bouri, Veysel Eraslan, Satish Kumar (2019); Energy and non-energy commodities: An asymmetric approach towards portfolio diversification in the commodity market; Resources Policy (ISI).
28. Nikeel Kumar, Ronald Ravinesh Kumar (2019); Relationship between ICT and international tourism demand: A study of major tourist destinations ; Tourism Economics (ISI).
27. Mobeen Ur Rehman, Elie Bouri, Veysel Eraslan, Satish Kumar (2019); Energy and non-energy commodities: An asymmetric approach towards portfolio diversification in the commodity market; Resources Policy (ISI).
26. Mobeen Ur Rehman, Sajid Ali & Syed Jawad Hussain Shahzad (2019); Asymmetric Nonlinear Impact of Oil Prices and Inflation on Residential Property Prices: a Case of US, UK and Canada; The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics (ISI).
25. Tran Le Huu Nghia & Huynh Ngoc Tai (2019); Preservice teachers’ experiences with internship-related challenges in regional schools and their career intention: implications for teacher education programs; Journal of Early Childhood Teacher Education (ISI).
24. Tran Le Huu Nghia (2019); Motivations for Studying Abroad and Immigration Intentions; Journal of International Students (ISI).
23. Mobeen Ur Rehman, Nadia Asghar, Javed Hussain (2019); Are disaggregate industrial returns sensitive to economic policy uncertainty; Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications (ISI).
22. Ronald R. Kumar and Peter J. Stauvermann (2019); The Effects of a Revenue-Neutral Child Subsidy Tax Mechanism on Growth and GHG Emissions; Sustainability (ISI).
21. Mohamed Arouri, Adel Ben-Youssef, Cuong Viet Nguyen (2019); Ethnic and racial disparities in children's education: Comparative evidence from Ethiopia, India, Peru and Viet Nam; Children and Youth Services Review (ISI).
20. Ronald Ravinesh Kumar, Syed Jawad Hussain Shahzad, Peter Josef Stauvermann and Nikeel Kumar (2019); Non-linear effects of terrorism on economic growth in pakistan: accounting for capital per worker and structural breaks; The Singapore Economic Review (ISI).
19. Mobeen Ur Rehman, Nicholas Apergis (2019); Sensitivity of economic policy uncertainty to investor sentiment; Studies in Economics and Finance (Scopus).
18. Tran Le Huu Nghia, Hoang Truong Giang, Vo Phuong Quyen (2019); At-home international education in Vietnamese universities: impact on graduates’ employability and career prospects; Higher Education (ISI).
17. Nguyen Viet Cuong & Vu Hoang Linh (2018); The Impact of Migration and Remittances on Household Welfare: Evidence from Vietnam; Journal of International Migration and Integration (ISI).
16. Puneet Kaur, Amandeep Dhir, Risto Rajala, Yogesh Dwivedi (2018); Why people use online social media brand communities; Online Information Review (ISI).
15. Tran Le Huu Nghia (2018); The skills gap of Vietnamese graduates and final-year university students; Journal of Education and Work (Scopus).
14. Tran Le Huu Nghia (2018); Qualities of Teachers in Commercial English Language Centres: Implications for EFL Teacher Education and Professional Development; The Asian EFL Journal Quarterly (Scopus).
13. Tran Le Huu Nghia, Phan Thanh Ngoc Phuong & Tran Le Kim Huong (2018); Implementing the student-centred teaching approach in Vietnamese universities: the influence of leadership and management practices on teacher engagement; Educational Studies (ISI).
12. Cuong Nguyen Viet, Arouri Mohamed (2018); Do pensions reduce the incentive to work? Evidence from Egypt; Economic Annals (ISI).
11. Cuong Viet Nguyen, Long Thanh Giang, Anh Ngoc Tran & Huyen Thanh Do (2018); Do Good Governance and Public Administration Improve Economic Growth and Poverty Reduction? The Case of Vietnam; International Public Management Journal (ISI).
10. Amandeep Dhir, Yossiri Yossatorn, Puneet Kaur, Sufen Chen (2018); Online social media fatigue and psychological wellbeing—A study of compulsive use, fear of missing out, fatigue, anxiety and depression; International Journal of Information Management (ISI).
9. Tran Le Huu Nghia, Nguyen Thi My Duyen (2018); Developing and validating a scale for evaluating internship-related learning outcomes; Higher Education (ISI).
8. Tran Le Huu Nghia (2018); Vietnamese Students' Learning Motivations for Master's Programmes: Implications for Curriculum Development and Pedagogical Practice; Journal of Further and Higher Education (Scopus).
7. Ronald Ravinesh Kumar, Peter Josef Stauvermann, Nikeel Kumar, Syed Jawad Hussain Shahzad (2018); Exploring the effect of ICT and tourism on economic growth: a study of Israel; Economic Change and Restructuring (Scopus).
6. Le Huu Nghia Tran (2017); Developing employability skills via extra-curricular activities in Vietnamese universities: student engagement and inhibitors of their engagement; Journal of Education and Work (Scopus).
5. Amandeep Dhir, Ashraf Khalil (2017); Underpinnings of Internet Parenting Styles: The Development and Validation of the Internet Parenting Scale Using Repeated Cross-Sectional Studies; Journal of Educational Computing Research (ISI).
4. Ronald Ravinesh Kumar, Peter Josef Stauvermann, Nikeel N. Kumar, Syed Jawad Hussain Shahzad (2017); Revisiting the threshold effect of remittances on total factor productivity growth in South Asia: a study of Bangladesh and India; Applied Economics (ISI).
3. Tran, L. H. N. (2017); Developing employability skills via extra-curricular activities in Vietnamese universities: student engagement and inhibitors of their engagement; Journal of Education and Work, pp. 1-14 (Scopus).
2. Tuan V. Nguyen, Thao P. Ho-Le, Ut V. Le (2017); International collaboration in scientific research in Vietnam: an analysis of patterns and impact, Scientometrics, Vol. 110, Issue 2, pp. 1035–1051 (17 pages).
1. Tuan V. Nguyen, Ly T. Pham (2011); Scientific output and its relationship to knowledge economy: an analysis of ASEAN countries; Scientometrics, Vol. 89, Issue 1, pp. 107–117 (11 pages).
7. Plenary/invited talks
6. Ut V. Le, Báo cáo chuyên đề "Nghiên cứu khoa học và xếp hạng đại học", Đại học Trà Vinh, tháng 11/2018;
5. Ut V. Le, Nghiên cứu khoa học và công bố quốc tế, Hội thảo chuyên đề "Phát triển nghiên cứu khoa học và công bố quốc tế trong trường đại học", Đại học Y khoa Phạm Ngọc Thạch, tháng 6/2018;
4. Ut V. Le, The sustainability efforts of Ton Duc Thang University in Vietnam; The 4th International Workshop on UI GreenMetric World University Rankings, Universitas Diponegoro, Indonesia, 8-10 April 2018;
3. Ut V. Le, Đại học Tôn Đức Thắng: Từ tự chủ đến số 1 Việt Nam về NCKH; Hội thảo về Tự chủ đại học, Viện nghiên cứu phát triển phương Đông, tháng 9/2017;
2. Ut V. Le, How to file patents at USPTO, Patent and Technology Commercialization Program, USPTO, June 13 2016, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam;
1. Ut V. Le, The long-term innovation of Ton Duc Thang University in Vietnam, The USPTO-UKIPO Breaking Barriers: Intellectual Property and the Value for Society Program, Singapore, August 24th, 2015; supported by USPTO.
8. Contact: Click here