Innovative Green Product Synthesis and Renewable Environment Development Research Group (IGRED) is a research group funded by Ton Duc Thang University (TDTU) and belongs to Faculty of Environment and Labour Safety. This group mainly focuses on “Reduce the Environmental Pollution using Renewable Energy and Synthesis of Nanoparticles”.
2. Mission and vision
IGRED mission is to research on renewable energy in Vietnam, control the pollution.
3. Research topics
• Pollution control
• Environmental Microbiology
• Bioremediation of heavy metals
• Wastewater Treatment
• Elimination of industrial wastes
• Nanoparticles and its applications
• Bioenergy production (Biohydrogen, biomethane etc.)
• Synthesis and application of nanoparticles in diverse fields
• Production of biopolymers using wastes (such as PHA)
• Production of green plastics/ biodegradable plastics
4. Current members
Dr. Arivalagan Pugazhendhi
• Head of Innovative Green Product Synthesis and Renewable Environment Development Research group, Faculty of Environment and Labour Safety
• Lecturer, Faculty of Environment and Labour Safety, Ton Duc Thang University, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Areas of expertise: Bioremediation of heavy metals, Environmental Microbiology, Pretreatment of Industrial waste, Biofuels, Bioplastics, Biopolymers, Organic and inorganic Nanoparticles, Probiotics etc.
Research track record (until March of 2018):
• ISI papers: 40
• Total ISI Citations: 207
• ISI H-index: 8
• Top ISI journals (at most 5):
1. Journal of Cleaner Production
2. Journal of Environmental Management
3. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy
4. International Journal of Pharmaceutics
5. Journal of Molecular Liquids
Dr. Thangavel Mathimani
Position: Member of Innovative Green Product Synthesis and Renewable Environment Development Research group, Faculty of Environment and Labour Safety, Ton Duc Thang University, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Areas of expertise: Marine microalgae, Bioenergy, Biodiesel, Biofuel Policy, Treatment of Wastewater, Thermochemical conversion, Lipidomics and fatty acid biochemistry.
5. Former members (name, title, picture)
6. Publications (ISI or Scopus only)
7. Contact: Click here