Laser Applications Research Group (LARG) is a research group funded by Ton Duc Thang University. Our general subject of interest is the application of laser based techniques in material processing and spectroscopy in particular ultrafast and terahertz spectroscopy. We investigate fabrication of nanomaterial by using laser ablation technique, optical properties of materials in THz regime by using THz time domain spectroscopy and nonlinear optical properties of material by using ultrafast optical Kerr effect and Z-scan techniques.
2. Mission and vision
• To do high quality research in the field of laser technology;
• To publish high quality research papers;
• To graduate master and Phd students in the field of laser technology.
3. Research topics
• Laser spectroscopy;
• Laser material processing;
4. Current members
Dr. Gandham Lakshminarayana
Research track record:
Dr. K. Venkata Krishnaiah
Position: Member of Laser Applications Research Group, Ton Duc Thang University, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Areas of expertise: Laser cooling, fs laser waveguide inscription in glasses, Photovoltaics, Photonics, Materials Science, Nano Glass Ceramics, Nanomaterials, Specialty optical fibers
5. Publications (ISI or Scopus only)
2. S. A. Salehizadeh, Hossein Mahmoudi Chenari, Mehdi Shabani, Hossein Abbastabar Ahangar, Reza Zamiri, Avito Rebelo, J. Suresh Kumar, M. P. F. Graça, J. M. F. Ferreira (2018); Structural and impedance spectroscopy characteristics of BaCO3/BaSnO3/SnO2 nanocomposite: observation of a non-monotonic relaxation behavior; RSC Advances (ISI).
1. Hossein Mahmoudi Chenari, Reza Zamiri, David Maria Tobaldi, Mehdi Shabani, Avito Rebelo, J. Suresh Kumar, S. A. Salehizadeh, M. P. F. Graça, M. J. Soares, João António Labrincha, José M. F. Ferreira (2017); Nanocrystalline ZnO–SnO2 mixed metal oxide powder: microstructural study, optical properties, and photocatalytic activity; Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology, Vol. 84 (2) (ISI).
6. Contact: Click here