Mathematics is called the mother of all the sciences. In recent advancements in industry, technology and life sciences mathematics has achieved a lot of importance due to its major uses in all disciplines. In advance and rapidly globalizing economy, science and mathematics research is important for every nation. At the same time high levels of creativity and innovations often and mistakenly seen as the antithesis of mathematics. This research group will focus on all the disciplines of applied mathematics special focus will be given to the mathematical modelling of physical models, analytical and numerical solutions of equations, Physiological flows, Blood flow in arteries, Two- and three-dimensional flows, Nano fluids, Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluids, Cilia driven flows, Mathematical statistics and Mathematics with economics
2. Mission and vision
To become leading research group in Vietnam this research group will target the following arepoints
- Publish high quality research papers having good impact factor.
- Research on those areas which earn lot of citations.
- To attract the well known researchers of the world.
- Collaborate the research with renowned scientists.
- Develop useful computational techniques.
- Local industry and research students can get benefit for new problems.
3. Research topics
There are many key areas of mathematics and other related sciences however we will cover the following areas
- Mathematical modelling
- Differential equations
- Analytical methods to solve the differential equations.
- Computational methods for solutions.
- Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluids.
- Blood flow through arteries.
- Anatomy and physiology
- Flow over a stretching surface
- Peristaltic flows
- Statistical studies
- Stagnation point flows
- Mathematics with economics
4. Current members
Dr. Sohail Nadeem
Position: Head of Mathematics and its Applications in Life Sciences Research Group
Areas of expertise: Newtonian and non-Newtonian Fluids, Peristaltic flows, flows in arteries, flows in porous medium, Stretching Problems in Newtonian and non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics, Magnetohydrodynamic flows, Unsteady flows, Micropolar fluids, Homotopy Analysis Method, Optimal Homotopy Analysis Method, Solutions of PDE’s using Analytical Techniques, Fractional Models, Blood Flow through arteries
Research track record:
At most 5 top journals:
Dr. Noreen Sher Akbar
Dr. Anber Saleem
5. Publications (ISI or Scopus only)
1. Shafiq Ahmad, Sohail Nadeem, Noor Muhammad & Muhammad Naveed Khan (2020); Cattaneo–Christov heat flux model for stagnation point flow of micropolar nanofluid toward a nonlinear stretching surface with slip effects; Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry (ISI).
2. K. Ganesh Kumar, Abeer Baslem, B. C. Prasannakumara, Jihen Majdoubi, Mohammad Rahimi-Gorji & S. Nadeem (2020); Significance of Arrhenius activation energy in flow and heat transfer of tangent hyperbolic fluid with zero mass flux condition; Microsystem Technologies (ISI).
3. J. Satya Eswari, Jihen Majdoubi, Sweta Naik, Sneha Gupta, Arindam Bit, Mohammad Rahimi-Gorji & Anber Saleem (2020); Prediction of stenosis behaviour in artery by neural network and multiple linear regressions ;Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology (ISI).
4. Anber Saleem and Muhammad Yunus Khan (2019); Effect of Diazepam on Proliferation of Chondrocytes in Intermediate and Deep Zones of Patellar Articular Cartilage in Adult Male Mice ;Journal of the College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan (ISI).
5. Nadeem Abbas, M. Y. Malik, S. Nadeem & Ibrahim M. Alarifi (2020); On extended version of Yamada–Ota and Xue models of hybrid nanofluid on moving needle; The European Physical Journal Plus (ISI).
6. Naeem Ullah, Sohail Nadeem & Arif Ullah Khan (2020); Finite element simulations for natural convective flow of nanofluid in a rectangular cavity having corrugated heated rods; Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry (ISI).
7. S.Nadeem, Nadeem Abbas, M.Y.Malik (2020); Inspection of hybrid based nanofluid flow over a curved surface; Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine (ISI).
8. S.Nadeem, Adel Alblawi, Noor Muhammad, Ibrahim M.Alarifi, Alibek Issakhov, M.T.Mustafa (2020); A computational model for suspensions of motile micro-organisms in the flow of ferrofluid ;Journal of Molecular Liquids (ISI).
9. Nadeem Abbas, S.Nadeem, M.Y.Malik (2020); On extended version of Yamada–Ota and Xue models in micropolar fluid flow under the region of stagnation point; Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications (ISI).
10. S.Nadeem, Nadeem Abbas, Yasser Elmasry, M.Y.Malik (2020); Numerical analysis of water based CNTs flow of micropolar fluid through rotating frame; Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine (ISI).
11. Nadeem Abbas, M.Y.Malik, S.Nadeem (2020); Transportation of magnetized micropolar hybrid nanomaterial fluid flow over a Riga curface surface; Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine (ISI).
6. Contact: Click here