Mathematics is called the mother of all the sciences. In recent advancements in industry, technology and life sciences mathematics has achieved a lot of importance due to its major uses in all disciplines. In advance and rapidly globalizing economy, science and mathematics research is important for every nation. At the same time high levels of creativity and innovations often and mistakenly seen as the antithesis of mathematics. This research group will focus on all the disciplines of applied mathematics special focus will be given to the mathematical modelling of physical models, analytical and numerical solutions of equations, Physiological flows, Blood flow in arteries, Two- and three-dimensional flows, Nano fluids, Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluids, Cilia driven flows, Mathematical statistics and Mathematics with economics
2. Mission and vision
To become leading research group in Vietnam this research group will target the following arepoints
- Publish high quality research papers having good impact factor.
- Research on those areas which earn lot of citations.
- To attract the well known researchers of the world.
- Collaborate the research with renowned scientists.
- Develop useful computational techniques.
- Local industry and research students can get benefit for new problems.
3. Research topics
There are many key areas of mathematics and other related sciences however we will cover the following areas
- Mathematical modelling
- Differential equations
- Analytical methods to solve the differential equations.
- Computational methods for solutions.
- Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluids.
- Blood flow through arteries.
- Anatomy and physiology
- Flow over a stretching surface
- Peristaltic flows
- Statistical studies
- Stagnation point flows
- Mathematics with economics
4. Current members
Dr. Sohail Nadeem
Position: Head of Mathematics and its Applications in Life Sciences Research Group
Areas of expertise: Newtonian and non-Newtonian Fluids, Peristaltic flows, flows in arteries, flows in porous medium, Stretching Problems in Newtonian and non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics, Magnetohydrodynamic flows, Unsteady flows, Micropolar fluids, Homotopy Analysis Method, Optimal Homotopy Analysis Method, Solutions of PDE’s using Analytical Techniques, Fractional Models, Blood Flow through arteries
Research track record:
At most 5 top journals:
Dr. Noreen Sher Akbar
Dr. Anber Saleem
5. Former members (name, title, picture)
6. Publications (ISI or Scopus only)
1. S.Nadeem, NadeemAbbas, YasserElmasry, M.Y.Malik (2020); Numerical analysis of water based CNTs flow of micropolar fluid through rotating frame; Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine (ISI).
2. Nadeem Abbas, S.Nadeem, M.Y.Malik (2019); On extended version of Yamada–Ota and Xue models in micropolar fluid flow under the region of stagnation point; Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications (ISI).
3. Nadeem Abbas, M.Y.Malik, S.Nadeem (2019); Transportation of magnetized micropolar hybrid nanomaterial fluid flow over a Riga curface surface ; Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine (ISI).
7. Contact: Click here