Optimization and Applications Research Group (OA) is founded by Ton Duc Thang University in order to develop mathematical principles and undertake selected applications of optimization problems using advanced mathematical tools in the context of modern numerical modelling techniques.
2. Mission and vision
The main idea is to use advanced variational anaysis techniques to investigate both nonsmooth and smooth optimization problems and undertake their selected applications.
3. Research topics
The research directions include, but are not limited to, the following aspects:
- Optimality conditions and duality in non-smooth (vector) multi-objective optimization problems;
- Sensitivity and stability in non-smooth optimization problems;
- Stability and convergence of solution maps in vector quasi-equilibrium problems;
- Convergence and relaxations for polynomial programs;
- Robust optimization, semi-infinite programming and applications;
- Iterative methods for solving optimization problems and generalized equations; and
- Error bounds, metric regularity and constraint qualifications for special programs.
4. Current members
Dr. Thai Doan Chuong
Positions: Head of Optimization and Applications Research Group, Ton Duc Thang University, Viet Nam
Areas of expertise: Optimization, Variational Analysis and Mathematical Programming
Research track record (until December of 2018):
• ISI papers: 49
• Total ISI Citations: 285
• ISI H-index: 9
• Top ISI journals (at most 5):
1. SIAM Journal on Optimization
2. Mathematics of Operations Research
3. Linear Algebra and its Applications
4. European Journal of Operational Research
5. Annals of Operations Research
Dr. Dao Ngoc Minh
Position: Member of Optimization and Applications Research Group, Ton Duc Thang University, Viet Nam
Areas of expertise: Nonsmooth Analysis, Control Theory and Operation Research
MSc. Nguyen Van Hung
Positions: Member of Optimization and Applications Research Group, Ton Duc Thang University, Viet Nam
Areas of expertise: Stability of Solutions, Sensitivity in Optimization and Vector equilibrium problems
5. Former members (name, title, picture)
6. Publications (ISI or Scopus only)
1. Thai Doan Chuong (2019); Exact relaxations for parametric robust linear optimization problems; Operations Research Letters(ISI).
2. Thai Doan Chuong (2019); Stability of Implicit Multifunctions via Point-Based Criteria and Applications ; Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications (ISI).
3. Thai Doan Chuong (2019); Optimality and duality in nonsmooth composite vector optimization and applications ; Annals of Operations Research (ISI).
4. Thai Doan Chuong (2019); Optimality and Duality in Nonsmooth Conic Vector Optimization ; Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications (ISI).