Theoretical Particle Physics and Cosmology Research Group (TPPC) is a research group funded by Ton Duc Thang University. The standard model of strong electro magnetic and weak interactions is one of the greatest successes of Physics in the 20th Century. Despite its successes, the model still has some challenges such as: neutrino mass and mixing, Dark Matter, matter-antimatterasymmetry, etc. In addition, this time is a golden era for Cosmology where recent discoveries open wide area of knowledge. The aim of this group is to carry out a systematic inquiry to understand many questions in both Particle Physics and Cosmology.
2. Mission and vision
Our missions are to actively pursue research and to make high level contributions in the areas of Quantum Field Theory, Theoretical Particle Physics and Cosmology.
3. Research topics
• Neutrino Physics: Models for neutrino mass and mixing, Discrete Symmetries
• Electroweak phase transitions and models for their realization.
• Higgs physics
4. Current members
Dr. Hoang Ngoc Long
• Head of Theoretical Particle Physics and Cosmology Research Group, Ton Duc Thang University, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
• Full Professor in Physics
Areas of expertise: Beyond the Standard Model, Supersymmetry, Gravitational andKaluza- Klein Theories, Discrete symmetries, Cosmology
• Editor: Communication in Physics
Research track record (until October of 2015):
• ISI papers: 79
• Total ISI Citations: 2254
• ISI H-index: 25
• Top ISI journals (at most 5):
1. Physical Review D
2. Nuclear Physics B
3. Journal of High Energy Physics
4. Physics Letters B
5. European Physical Journal C
Dr. Dinh Thanh Binh
Position: Member of Theoretical Particle Physics and Cosmology Research Group, Ton Duc Thang University, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Areas of expertise: Beyond the Standard Model, Supersymmetry, Kaluza-Klein Theories, Computational high energy physics
5. Former members (name, title, picture)
Dr. Vo Quoc Phong
Position: Former of Theoretical Particle Physics and Cosmology Research Group, Ton Duc Thang University, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
6. Publications (ISI or Scopus only)
5. Vo Quoc Phong, Nguyen Chi Thao, Hoang Ngoc Long (2018); Baryogenesis in the Zee-Babu model with arbitrary ξ gauge; Physical Review D (ISI).
4. A E Cárcamo Hernández, H N Long (2018); A highly predictive A 4 flavor 3-3-1 model with radiative inverse seesaw mechanism; Journal of Physics G: Nuclear and Particle Physics (ISI).
3. H. N. Long, L. T. Hue, D. V. Loi; Electroweak theory based on SU(4)L⊗U(1)X gauge group; Physical Review D, Volume 94 (2016), Article Number 015007 (ISI).
2. T. T. Thuc, L. T. Hue, H. N. Long, T. Phong Nguyen; Lepton flavor violating decay of SM-like Higgs boson in a radiative neutrino mass model; Physical Review D, Volume 93 (2016), Article Number 115026 (ISI).
1. L.T. Hue, H.N. Long, T.T. Thuc, T. Phong Nguyen; Lepton flavor violating decays of Standard-Model-like Higgs in 3-3-1 model with neutral lepton; Nuclear Physics B (2016), Vol. 907, pp. 37–76 (ISI).
7. Contact: Click here