Evidence based medicine is a stepping-stone on the way to the medical research achievements. We use an interdisciplinary approach including systematic review and meta-analysis, clinical research, and survey to help the medical practitioners to diagnose, predict and make decision in several diseases. Being a multinational group, we aim to attract more researchers to Ton Duc Thang University to compete with the most prestigious groups all over the world. We are working on several diverse medical fields including oncology, neurology, infectious diseases, pediatrics, ophthalmology and cardiology etc..
2. Mission and vision
The major missions of the group are:
1. To assess the current state of research to identify key questions of hot research topics in the field.
2. To contribute to the field by exploring new knowledge. Reviewing the literature to understand novel contributions and shortcomings of other researchers.
3. To explore the opportunities for multinational interdisciplinary collaboration and pooled data resources.
4. To train new generations of researchers in the best possible way.
5. To publish high quality work in the most prestigious, top ranked journals to spread the benefits of research achievement as much as possible.
6. To develop new treatments by doing randomized clinical trials (RCTs).
3. Research topics
By stating the main focus on evidence based medicine, we aim specifically at the following topics
• Systematic review and meta-analysis of health care interventions and risk factors;
• Quality assessment of research methodology studies;
• Clinical research on diseases’ risk factors;
• Surveys on health care;
• Prediction of a number of new cases of Zika virus and other outbreaks to get rid of its burden;
• RCTs to develop new treatments.
4. Current members
Dr. Nguyen Tien Huy
• Head of Evidence Based Medicine Research Group, Ton Duc Thang University, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
• Associate Professor of Medicine
Areas of expertise: Infectious Diseases
Research track record (until October of 2016):
• ISI papers: 48
• Total ISI Citations: 490
• ISI H-index: 14
Truong Van Dat, MSc.
Position: Member of Evidence Based Medicine Research Group, Ton Duc Thang University, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Areas of expertise: Pharmacy
5. Former members (name, title, picture)
Tran Ngoc Dang, MSc.
Former of Evidence Based Medicine Research Group, Ton Duc Thang University, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
6. Publications (ISI or Scopus only)
25. S. Morsy, T.N. Dang, M.G. Kamel, A.H. Zayan, O.M. Makram, M. Elhady, K. Hirayama, N.T. Huy (2018); Prediction of Zika-confirmed cases in Brazil and Colombia using Google Trends; Epidemiology & Infection (ISI).
24. Fatma Abd-Elshahed Abd-Elhay, Khaled Mosaad Elhusseiny, Mohamed Gomaa Kamel, Soon Khai Low, To Kim Sang, Ghaleb Muhammad Mehyar, Le Huu Nhat Minh, Mohammad Rashidul Hashan, Nguyen Tien Huy (2018); Negative Lymph Node Count and Lymph Node Ratio Are Associated With Survival in Male Breast Cancer; Clinical Breast Cancer (ISI).
23. Hoang Thi Nam Giang, Keita Banno, Le Huu Nhat Minh, Lam Tuyet Trinh, Le Thai Loc, Asmaa Eltobgy, Luu Lam Thang Tai, Adnan Khan, Nguyen Hoang Tuan, Yaser Reda, Maryan Samsom, Nguyen Tran Nam, Nguyen Tien Huy, Kenji Hirayama (2018); Dengue hemophagocytic syndrome: A systematic review and meta‐analysis on epidemiology, clinical signs, outcomes, and risk factors; Reviews in Medical Virology (ISI).
22. Nguyen Lam Vuong, Abdelrahman Elshafay, Le Phuong Thao, Ahmed Ramadan Abdalla, Islam Ashraf Mohyeldin, Khaled Elsabaa, Esraa Salah Omran, Fuxun Yug, Kenji Hirayama, Nguyen Tien Huy (2018); Efficacy of treatments in primary spontaneous pneumothorax: A systematic review and network meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials; Respiratory Medicine (ISI).
21. Ali Mahmoud Ahmed, Mohamed Fahmy Doheim, Omar Mohamed Mattar, Nourin Ali Sherif, Duy Hieu Truong, Pham T.L. Hoa, Kenji Hirayama, Nguyen Tien Huy (2018); Beclabuvir in combination with asunaprevir and daclatasvir for hepatitis C virus genotype 1 infection: A systematic review and meta‐analysis; Medical Virology (ISI).
20. Hai Vu-Ngoc, Sameh Samir Elawady, Ghaleb Muhammad Mehyar, Amr Hesham Abdelhamid, Omar Mohamed Mattar, Oday Halhouli, Nguyen Lam Vuong, Citra Dewi Mohd Ali, Ummu Helma Hassan, Nguyen Dang Kien, Kenji Hirayama, Nguyen Tien Huy (2018); Quality of flow diagram in systematic review and/or meta-analysis; Plos One (ISI).
19. Tarek Turk, Mohamed Tamer Elhady, Sherwet Rashed, Mariam Abdelkhalek, Somia Ahmed Nasef, Ashraf Mohamed Khallaf, Abdelrahman Tarek Mohammed, Andrew Wassef Attia, Purushottam Adhikari, Mohamed Alsabbahi Amin, Kenji Hirayama, Nguyen Tien Huy (2018); Quality of reporting web-based and non-web-based survey studies: What authors, reviewers and consumers should consider; Plos One (ISI).
18. Martha Tibebu Lemma, Ali Mahmoud Ahmed, Mohamed Tamer Elhady, Huyen Thi Ngo, Tran Le-Huy Vu, To Kim Sang, Eduardo Campos-Alberto, Abdelrahman Sayed, Shusaku Mizukami, Kesara Na-Bangchang, Nguyen Tien Huy, Kenji Hirayamai, Juntra Karbwang (2017); Medicinal plants for in vitro antiplasmodial activities: A systematic review of literature; Parasitology International (ISI).
17. Asma Hallab, Sadiq Naveed, Ahmed Altibi, Mariam Abdelkhalek, Huyen Thi Ngo, Thao Phuong Le, Kenji Hirayama, Nguyen Tien Huy (2018); Association of psychosis with antiphospholipid antibody syndrome: A systematic review of clinical studies; General Hospital Psychiatry (ISI).
16. Ly Quoc Trung, Mostafa Ebraheem Morra, Nguyen Duc Truong, Tarek Turk, Ahmed Elshafie, Amr Foly, Dao Ngoc Hien Tam, Ahmed Iraqi, Trinh Thi Hong Van, Ahmed Elgebaly, Tran Nhu Ngoc, Tran Le Huy Vu, Ngan Thy Chu, Kenji Hirayama, Juntra Karbwang, Nguyen Tien Huy (2017); A systematic review finds underreporting of ethics approval, informed consent, and incentives in clinical trials; Journal of Clinical Epidemiology (ISI).
15. Abdelrahman Tarek Mohammed, Mohammed Khattab, Ali Mahmoud Ahmed, Tarek Turk, Nora Sakr, Adham M. Khalil, Mohamed Abdelhalim, Bisher Sawaf, Kenji Hirayama, Nguyen Tien Huy (2017); The therapeutic effect of probiotics on rheumatoid arthritis: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized control trials; Clinical Rheumatology (ISI).
14. Amr Ebied, Vuong Thanh Huan, Omar Mohamed Makram, To Kim Sang, Mohamed Ghorab, Huyen Thi Ngo, Ahmed Iraqi, Mohamed Gomaa Kamel, Tran Ngoc Dang, Nguyen Lam Vuong, Kenji Hirayama, Nguyen Tien Huy (2018); The role of primary lymph node sites in survival and mortality prediction in Hodgkin lymphoma: a SEER population‐based retrospective study; Cancer Medicine (ISI).
13. A. Waqas, M. Elhady, K. A. Surya Dila, F. Kaboub, Le Van Trinh, C. H. Nhien, M. J. Al-Husseini, M. G. Kamel, A. Elshafay, H. Y. Nhi, K. Hirayama, N. T. Huy (2018); Association between maternal depression and risk of infant diarrhea: a systematic review and meta-analysis; Public Health (ISI).
12. Ahmed Elmaraezy, Abdelrahman Ibrahim Abushouk, Soha Saad, Moutaz Eltoomy, Osama Mahmoud, Hossam Mahmoud Hassan, Ahmed Aboelmakarem, Ahmed Aboel Fotoh, Farah Althaher, Nguyen Tien Huy, Kenji Hirayama (2017); Desmoteplase for Acute Ischemic Stroke: A Systematic Review and Metaanalysis of Randomized Controlled Trials; CNS & Neurological Disorders - Drug Targets (ISI).
11. Mostafa Ebraheem Morra, Le Van Thanh, Mohamed Gomaa Kamel, Ahmed Abdelmotaleb Ghazy, Ahmed M.A. Altibi, Lu Minh Dat, Tran Ngoc Xuan Thy, Nguyen Lam Vuong, Mostafa Reda Mostafa, Sarah Ibrahim Ahmed, Sahar Samy Elabd, Samreen Fathima, Tran Le Huy Vu, Ali S. Omrani, Ziad A. Memish, Kenji Hirayama, Nguyen Tien Huy (2018); Clinical outcomes of current medical approaches for Middle East respiratory syndrome: A systematic review and meta‐analysis; Reviews in Medical Virology (ISI).
10. Mostafa Ebraheem Morra, Ahmed M.A. Altibi, Somia Iqtadar, Le Huu Nhat Minh, Sameh Samir Elawady, Asma Hallab, Abdelrahman Elshafay, Omer Abedlbagi Omer, Ahmed Iraqi, Purushottam Adhikari, Jonair Hussein Labib, Khaled Mosaad Elhusseiny, Ahmed Elgebaly, Sophie Yacoub, Le Thi Minh Huong, Kenji Hirayama, Nguyen Tien Huy (2018); Definitions for warning signs and signs of severe dengue according to the WHO 2009 classification: Systematic review of literature; Reviews in Medical Virology (ISI).
9. Mostafa Ebraheem Morra, Nguyen Dang Kien, Ahmed Elmaraezy, Omar Ayman M. Abdelaziz, Ahmed Lotfy Elsayed, Oday Halhouli, Ahmed Mosaad Montasr, Tran Le-Huy Vu, Chau Ho, Amr Sayed Foly, Anh Phan Phi, Wessam Magdy Abdullah, Marina Mikhail, Elizabeth Milne, Kenji Hirayama, Nguyen Tien Huy (2017); Early vaccination protects against childhood leukemia: A systematic review and meta-analysis; Scientific Reports (ISI).
8. Dao Ngoc Hien Tam, Duy Hieu Truong, Thi Thanh Hoa Nguyen, Le Nhat Quynh, Linh Tran, Hong Duong Nguyen, Bahaa eldin Shamandy, Thi Minh Huong Le, Dang Khoa Tran, Dina Sayed, Van Vinh Vu, Shusaku Mizukami, Kenji Hirayama, Nguyen Tien Huy (2018); Ginsenoside Rh1: A Systematic Review of Its Pharmacological Properties; Planta Medica (ISI).
7. Abdelrahman Elshafay, Ngo Xuan Tinh, Samar Salman, Yara Saber Shaheen, Eman Bashir Othman, Mohamed Tamer Elhady, Aswin Ratna Kansakar, Linh Tran, Le Van, Kenji Hirayama, Nguyen Tien Huy (2017); Ginsenoside Rk1 bioactivity: a systematic review; PeerJ (ISI).
6. Mohamed Gomaa Kamel, Amr Ehab El-Qushayri, Tran Quang Thach & Nguyen Tien Huy (2017); Cardiovascular mortality trends in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: a population-based cohort study; Expert Review of Anticancer Therapy (ISI).
5. Abdelrahman Elshafay, Duy Hieu Truong, Mohamed M. AboElnas, Hossam Idrees, Hatem G. Metwali, Nguyen Lam Vuong, Omar Ahmed Saad, Kenji Hirayama, Nguyen Tien Huy (2017); The Effect of Endothelin Receptor Antagonists in Patients with Eisenmenger Syndrome: A Systematic Review; American Journal of Cardiovascular Drugs (ISI).
4. An Vu Nguyen, Le Van Thanh, Mohamed Gomaa Kamel, Sara Attia Mahmoud Abdelrahman, Mohamed EL-Mekawy, Mohamed Ashraf Mokhtar, Aya Ashraf Ali, Nam Nguyen Nho Hoang, Nguyen Lam Vuong, Fatma Abd-Elshahed Abd-Elhay, Omer Abdelbagi Omer, Ahmed Abdou Mohamed, Kenji Hirayama, Nguyen Tien Huy (2017); Optimal percutaneous coronary intervention in patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction and multivessel disease: An updated, large-scale systematic review and meta-analysis; International Journal of Cardiology, Vol. 244, pp. 67–76 (ISI).
3. Mohamed Gomaa Kamel, Nguyen Tran Nam, Nguyen Huu Bao Han, Abd-Elaziz El-Shabouny, Abd-ElRahman Mohamed Makram, Fatma Abd-Elshahed Abd-Elhay, Tran Ngoc Dang, Nguyen Le Trung Hieu, Vu Thi Que Huong, Trinh Huu Tung, Kenji Hirayama, Nguyen Tien Huy (2017); Post-dengue acute disseminated encephalomyelitis: A case report and meta-analysis; PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases, Vol. 11 (6), Article number e0005715 (ISI).
2. Ahmed Elmaraezy, Mostafa Ebraheem Morra, Abdelrhman Tarek Mohammed, Ahmed Al-Habaa, Ahmed Elgebaly, Ahmed Abdelmotaleb Ghazy, Adham M. Khalil, Nguyen Tien Huy, Kenji Hirayama (2017); Risk of cataract among interventional cardiologists and catheterization lab staff: A systematic review and meta-analysis; Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions, Vol. 90 (1), pp. 1–9 (ISI).
1. Evaristus Chibunna Mbanefo, Ali Mahmoud Ahmed, Afaf Titouna, Ahmed Elmaraezy, Nguyen Thi Huyen Trang, Nguyen Phuoc Long, Nguyen Hoang Anh, Tran Diem Nghi, Bui The Hung, Mai Van Hieu, Nguyen Ky Anh, Nguyen Tien Huy, Kenji Hirayama (2017); Association of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency and malaria: A systematic review and meta-analysis; Scientific Reports, Vol. 7, Article number 45963 (ISI).
7. Contact: Click here